Travel lessons I certainly learned the hard way
- •Wear a watch
- •If you have the opportunity to charge your phone, always always charge your phone. Don't get cocky
- •If something looks wrong, ask someone as soon as possible. I've saved myself a lot of grief because of kind strangers
- •Speaking of which, know your options for travel involving strangers. BlaBlaCar, AirBnB. Leads to some of the best experiences.
- •Good travel snacks: dates, walnuts. Easy on the stomach and no sugar crash. Always bring a water bottle.
- •Look confident and walk like you know where you're going. Channel Beyoncé. What would she do if lost in the banlieues of Paris toute seule?
- •Write down important phone numbers and keep them on your person at all times
- •Have at least two credit cards and always always have cash
- •Research how to get somewhere ahead of time. Take notes and don't just rely on your phone