MOMENTS I FELL IN LOVE WITH PARIS
During some sort of existential crisis last year, during which I determined that working in advertising was not the great passion in my life, I took off to Paris for a couple of weeks. I wanted to experience the small details of Parisian life, and see what made the city so magical. Right now feels like a good time to revisit the beauty of Paris.
- •My flat in Le MaraisI could not get over the amazing sky and these amazing roofs and the sunlight at every time of day. I spent hours hanging out of the window.
- •Cheese and wild strawberriesThe cheese at home was not at all like this.
- •Baguette and wild strawberriesIt was strawberry season and I got hooked on this £8-a-pint nature's candy.
- •The stairsI took a video of how long it took to descend from my flat. 3 minutes. So much cardio.
- •Bo bùnToronto has amazing Asian food, but the best Bo Bùn I have ever had came from Le Petit Cambodge. I may have gone twice.
- •Musée de la Chasse et de la NatureI wandered in here during European Museum Night while I was looking for a totally different museum. Dude, there were owls on the ceiling.
- •Le Marais at nightThe view from my flat never got old.
- •Gluten-free MadeleinesAt the Place Baudoyer-Marché Equitable.
- •BaguetteMais oui!
- •Chocolat chaudFrom Rose Bakery. Another best-in-the-world moment.
- •Street artAll over the place, and all beautiful.
- •GelatoI took a recommendation from David Sedaris and went to Pozzetto, a little hardcore Italian gelato place. I wanted to try every flavour, and thanks to the world's most generous gelato scooper, I almost did.
- •MacaronAs if anyone could be in Paris and not have a million of these as little snacks.
- •Secret courtyardsThese were tucked into every little corner. I was peering through a gate and a woman who lived in the building asked if I would like to come in; this is what I had been trying to catch a glimpse of.
- •The streetsAnd the street signs. Everything is more lovely in Paris.
- •Thousands of cheesesNo explanation required.