Halloween Costumes I Have Had
It's that time of the year again...
- •A princessFor the first six years of my life I was the same thing every year: a princess. Actually, I take that back. I think when I was one my mother dressed me up as a pumpkin. I still haven't forgiven her.
- •Whatever this is:
- •A punkAfter my princess phase I got weird.
- •A victim of a skinhead attackI kid you not. It was the 4th grade. I had just moved to a new school and I hated it there. I wore a hospital gown with crutches and a bandage wrapped around my head.
- •A gypsyAge 9
- •A gypsyAge 18
- •A gypsyAge 21
- •Marilyn MonroeI stepped on an actual grate and this terrifying stranger put his hands around me creating this classic picture.
- •Childlike Empress from Neverending StoryPerhaps the costume I am most proud of in my entire life. Almost no one knew who I was supposed to be but I just kept yelling "ATREYU" in every bar we went to.
- •For comparison
- •Carmen SandiegoI won a bar costume contest for this one, but only because the guy running the contest was trying to bang me.
- •One of The Furies from The WarriorsNo one got it. Most people thought I was a Yankees player. Weirdly, one girl thought I was one of the Peaches from A League of their Own.
- •Birdie the Early BirdThis is one of the least we'll know McDonalds characters. She used to be the breakfast menu mascot. My boyfriend at the time was dressed as the Hamburgler. LITERALLY NO ONE KNEW WHAT I WAS. But to be fair, I was asking for it.
- •A music box ballerinaTook me days to make this and only one hour at a crowded party to totally destroy it.
- •Daenerys TargaryenNot very original but the costume was homemade at least (by my mom, love you Mommy)
- •Buffy the Vampire SlayerThe film version not the tv version
- •Clarissa Explains it AllAll of this came out of my closet. I didn't have to buy a thing.
- •Sarah Bailey from The CraftBest group costume I've ever been a part of.