My Favorite LA Happy Hours
- •Figaro Bistrot, Los FelizI bet you never thought you'd see escargot or beef carpaccio on a happy hour menu. Sit outside and enjoy some first class people watching.
- •Plan Check, FairfaxGreat drink specials and amazing jidori chicken sandwich.
- •Saint Felix, CahuengaHalf price drinks, $5 bar bites and a convenient location right in the middle of Hollywood. Great middle ground for after work drinks.
- •The Well, HollywoodCheap drinks, snack and a lot of dark corners for secret trysts.
- •Next Door Lounge, HighlandThis place is incredibly weird. You need a code word to get in (or not... It doesn't actually seem to matter). Once inside you'll find great happy hour deals in a very strange setting. I once saw Rob Reiner making out with his wife here.
- •Jay's Bar, SilverlakeAnother great after work drinks spot, especially if you want to be able to hear the person you came in with. Very chill and laid back atmosphere in an unexpected place (it's in a strip mall off sunset).
- •The Rooftop at The Standard, DowntownFigured I needed one rooftop bar and this one is a classic. Deals on drinks and an amazing view? What's not to like?
- •Little Next Door, 3rd StreetSlightly discounted food and half off wine and beer. But capital A for Ambience. Plus it's only half a block from my apartment...
- •Bao Dim Sum House, BeverlyDiscounted dim sum? Sign me up. Also it's walking distance from my apartment... Are you sensing a pattern?