Things Driving Me Crazy in This Doctor's Waiting Room
Is this hell? Am I in hell?
- •There is a man playing a game on his phone with the volume all the way up
- •The TV is playing a 5 minute PSA about heat stroke prevention on a loopI have now heard the phrase "cool off in the shade" 1,000,000,000 times
- •The only magazines here are WebMD magazineWhy is there a WebMD magazine?! Is WebMD trying to hedge its bets in case the Internet is only a fad??
- •Had to fill out 5 forms that all asked the same exact questions in slightly different ways
- •I pay $200 a month for insurance that literally no doctors accept
- •The man playing games on his phone is creepily hitting on the lady behind the desk and I hate him
- •I have to come in for an appointment with my assigned primary care physician in order to get referred to a gynecologist for a simple yearly exam
- •This appointment costs me $45 and the only purpose is a referralAnd then I'll have to pay a co-pay again when I finally get the the gynecologist
- •There is a timer going off somewhere that no one else seems to hear
- •I forgot to bring a book
- •The creepy man is now filling out his forms, after a five minute argument about whether or not they'd given him a pen (they had), and he keeps asking me questions about how I filled my forms out as if it's a test he can cheat on
- •My nose is running and there are no Kleenex in the waiting roomHow is that possible?! What kind of doctor's office is this?!
- •The TV finally changed to something else and its an in-depth investigation about how store bought apple sauce is ruining AmericaAt least I think that's what it's about. I'm currently trying to block everything out and imagine myself on a beach. Or anywhere less annoying than here, like the DMV or a super religious wedding ceremony.
- •The creepy man finished filling out his forms, turned them in, and then moved to a chair closer to me. He is now playing his phone game with the volume all the way up again.
- •Maybe I don't need a doctor