Things My Twelve Year Old Cousin Has Said to Me
I think she might be a society divorcee trapped in the body of a 6th grader.
- •After I told her I got a new job on a Disney channel TV show: "I used to watch that show but, honestly, who has the time?"
- •"Would you like me to put Charles or William on the phone?"Charles and William are not her two ex-husbands. They are her two younger brothers who everyone else in the word calls Charlie and Billy.
- •"They got me the camera I want but not the accessories! It's all about the accessories!!"
- •"I just don't see how you can call yourself an animal lover and still eat meat, but I guess maybe that's just me."
- •"Oh, you're on Instagram? Aren't you a little old for that?"
- •And a follow up: "I don't believe in social media. I mean, no offense, but I just feel you could find a much more productive use for your time. But... Totally up to you."
- •Then, thirty seconds later: "OH MY GOD, CAN I BUY FROZEN ON MY IPAD? PLEASE MOM?! I LOOOVVVEEE FROZEN! PLEEEAAASSSEEE?!?!"