11 THINGS I LOVED IN WHY NOT ME? BY MINDY KALING
@mindy you are the greatest and I love you
- •The entire Soup Snakes chapter
- •"gardening Crocs"
- •The explanation of why Greek life didn't work out (it also didn't work out for me - see, we have things in common!)
- •"... I had deleted my Facebook account five years earlier when I had smartly realized that Facebook would mean an end to my productivity or ever putting on pants."
- •Mindy's alternate life as a Latin teacher in New York
- •"No food is as delicious as food you eat standing a foot away from a trash can. Ask any possum."
- •She calls James Franco "a very mysterious and sexy weirdo"
- •"I'm going to be braggy for a second: I'm a pretty fun person to talk to." ME TOO, MINDY!!! Wouldn't it be cool if we got together and talked to each other? Oh the fun we would have!
- •"iTunes may own my ovaries, for all I know." (From her Harvard Law School Class Day speech)
- •No. 22 on her list of 4 a.m. worries: "What if I forget the sound of my mother's voice?" - this caused me to break down in tears because I have the same worry about forgetting my grandmother'a voice. I did not know this book would make me cry.
- •"But it's not that I think I'm so great. I just don't hate myself."