I TURN 28 TOMORROW
Kinda freaked out. Kinda fine. Idk.
- •I feel a little dumb writing this, but here goes ...
- •My birthday is tomorrow, and I will be 28.
- •That feels both young and old to me (if you're rolling your eyes, trust me, I understand ... I am rolling my eyes at myself).
- •I'm young enough to still be "in my 20s" but old enough that I've been out of college and in my career for 6 years - oh, and I graduated high school 10 years ago. WHAT.
- •So I'm asking myself all these questions that feel impossible to answer.
- •Am I living my best life? What do I need to change? Is there anything that's keeping me from happiness? Am I as successful as other 28-year-olds? Should I be doing things differently? And on and on and on.
- •I don't want to navel-gaze, but I also don't want to waste a second of this short life.
- •Have any of you ever felt this way? And if so, how did you handle it?
- •And because I'm feeling a bit guilty, I want to say that I know aging is a privilege denied to many, and I'm grateful for these 28 years of life.
- •Also, one of my dearest friends always says "life only gets better," and in some ways I think that is true - so if that's the case, then HELL YES BRING IT ON.
- •Thank you for reading this brain dump.💗