REASONS YOU SHOULD GO TO THERAPY
I see a therapist once every two weeks or so, and it's awesome. Lots more people should go to therapy, too, and this is why.
- •It's nice to talk about yourself for an hour in a judgement-free zone.
- •Sometimes you need a completely objective third party to help you see things clearly.
- •You learn lots of cool things. For example, instead of compromising (a situation in which all involved give up something), you can collaborate (create a new solution that allows everyone to win). Who knew?!
- •If (and this is a big if) your therapist is fun, you'll spend an hour or so having a blast while talking about yourself and solving your problems. What a dream!
- •It's better than drowning your sorrows in alcohol or drugs or whatever your vice of choice is.
- •You'll feel so much more positive about life when you leave. Like, yeah, everything is okay! I can do this!
- •After a while, you'll notice your relationships with everyone (including yourself) starting to improve.