THINGS THAT SEEM IMPORTANT BUT ARE NOT
- •Responding to emails, texts and phone calls immediately if there is no true emergencyPeople may expect you to respond right away, but 99.9% of the time, there's no real reason to do so. You are allowed to think before replying. Take your time.
- •Having a spotlessly clean house 24/7This is nearly impossible if you have children, pets, roommates or are a human yourself, so just stop freaking out about it.
- •Achieving "major milestones"Panicking over not "keeping up with" your Facebook friends/frenemies is pointless. Things happen for different people at different times.
- •Not making mistakesMistakes rock! There's really no better way to learn than to completely screw something up. Also, making mistakes can be really fun.
- •Having your shit together at all timesNo one does. It's just a fact of life. Might as well embrace it.
- •Attending every single event/party/function you are invited to if at all possibleNo one can do it all, so choose wisely and be intentional with where your time goes. Don't feel bad about saying no; in my experience, healthy people say no A LOT because they understand their energy is limited and it IS quite important to take care of yourself.