Any Given Week, September
- •SundayA super frustrating morning of trying to concentrate on a assignment that is making zero sense to me, while my mum wanted step-by-step help with listing her Airbnb. All became roses when I met my friend Suze to see London Grammar. Their set was so short, but they played beautifully and their support act was awesome (Mansionair).
- •MondayClassy day at work, as per usual. I played Fine Art Librarian and started reorganizing our plethora of art books. Learned all about Indian Erotica. Classy book. Other than that, came home to schnitzel for dinner and will wind down with my current read, The Reader and most likely a whisky.
- •TuesdayWent for a wake-me-up beach run this morning. My stamina and leg strength are slowly returning! Followed by a massive clean of the cottage and then brought Mis back for our two nights together. I spent the rest of the afternoon on my assignment. I reached out to my tutor because I was lacking confidence in my understanding, to which she replied "good work, you're on the right track". It brought me so much relief.
- •WednesdayToday was whole-heartedly a study day. A lab in the morning and then promptly home to continue this wretched lab report on visual adaptation. In 24 hours it will be done and dusted, for better or worse! What made today so beautiful is, for the most part, studying under this blossoming lemon tree. I studied into the night, only breaking for a run, dinner and going to get the keys for a place I'm housesitting over the weekend. Oh!, and it's Rosh Hashanah here, so Shanah Tovah, friends x
- •ThursdayWhat-a-day! Played a game of email tennis with my tutor. Almost gave up all hope for a pass mark until she offered me some sterling advice. I parked it for later. I waited, in a storm, at the airport. My bff was back off to Sydney semi-permanently for work. Then raced to Uni for my lab class which ran for 25 minutes, so happy I attended 😒. Checked a guest into my Airbnb. Then raced off to my new home for the weekend (cat-sitting) and finished my report. I expect pussy jokes, don't let me down!
- •FridayWould you believe I only took three photos on Friday?! Two from our 'sexual problems' lecture (this one and a list of fetishes (paraphilias)) and a photo of the freeway which I forgot to post on IG with the caption #slowyourselfdown. Anyway! Friday was: a lecture, then a wax appointment, then late lunch at my Uncle's. They've been traveling for three months and I wanted to update them on my life. I popped in on my sister on my way back to the place I'm sitting. Regular day.
- •SaturdayI had been looking forward to Saturday all week. For the simple reason that I planned on doing absolutely nothing! Again, pretty photoless day; except for my breakfast (on IG) and these kale chips I made in the afternoon using kale from this place's garden. I read in bed for most of the day (Oprah's What I Know For Sure). By the afternoon I declared it pants-off-Saturday. I shared a bottle of Shiraz with Daniel in the evening. It was really nice to just sit and talk with him.