Aunt Jess + Sas Bake Cookies!
Typical winter's day in Perth and I'm on Aunt duties.. let's bake! I reject winter by making summery creamsicle cookies (recipe at bottom of list)
- •I have my God-daughter with me today and we thought we'd pass some time baking cookies and watching Fast + the Furious (her choice!)
- •After she gave up on chopping the butter!.. she tried her hand at zesting! She very quickly gave up on zesting!
- •She loved using the mixer. "Can I put it up to 10?" Creaming the butter and sugars. Lots of taste checking!
- •Do I let a nine year old crack the egg?! "Any shell in there".. "No shell!"
- •Things got a little cray! Whilst spooning in the flour, she dropped the plastic cup in, the mixer spat it out and shit went everywhere!
- •"More. No.. more.. keep going.. Ok, put the rest in the mixture!" Don't come between me and my chocolate addiction!
- •Lick straight from the paddle! Ok. Posed photo.. I'm hygienic! Apparently Sas licked it though.
- •I'd bake just for the smell that fills the house!
- •Happy little cookie-monster!
- •Forgot that we put a third batch on 😁
- •recipe sourced from http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/04/creamsicle-cookies.htmlI found this recipe to produce quite a dry cookie. I'm used to a chewy creamsicle cookie. This recipe asks for orange essence, whereas I prefer using orange juice. #fyi