Today, Reviewed: rough fucking day. The thing is, I can be grateful for some things and the dudes behind positive psychology tell us to look for these and say why we're grateful for them.
- •the green wallenius wilhelmsenSome of you know of my affinity for cargo ships. Some of you now know of my (strange?) affinity for cargo ships. I especially consider (and I don't know why) the green Wallenius Wilhelmsen as a good omen. It was in port this morning and I am grateful for this beautiful vessel every time I see it. Maybe I'm grateful for the smile I get when I see it.
- •pain au chocolat(I'm being wanky and using the French term because they were boulangerie-authentic). I am so grateful for this tasty morsel because it filled a week long craving. It also felt like a real treat after a tough moment.
- •skipping my tutorialI wasn't in the headspace for group discussions about 'race', so I excused myself before class started and went to the library. I am grateful that I know my limits and made the right choice for me, rather than trying to be a 'hero'.
- •submitting my lab report well before the midnight cut-offI am grateful to my auto-pilot skills that allowed me to finalise my lab report and submit it by 4pm. Bottom line, I did the work, and I'm grateful for that.
- •my sister's saunasounds fancy, but it's not really! I am so grateful for it though. I needed to hug her and I needed to get my sweat on. It was an all over physical, mental and emotional detox for which I am so grateful for. I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest I was grateful for her veggie soup and broccoli bread as well ☺️