light the fire, I'll be in soon.
A little creative writing inspired by my recent spin on the ice and the hopeless romantic residing inside.
- •"Light the fire, I'll be in soon", I text from the damp log I was sitting on.
- •Soon was debatable though, given the majestic beauty in front of me.
- •With the last lace tightened, I placed both feet down, stood up and pushed off. It felt like I was gliding forever before needing to push off with my left foot.
- •I became instantly aware of how tiny I was. The valley enveloping around me. The shape of an eagle above, gliding in time with me. A simultaneous rhythm.
- •My senses were piqued.
- •Freedom in movement. Freedom.
- •Spins, sways and figure-8s. I felt so big, yet so small. My heart was on full, my smile wide. Like a child with no boundaries.
- •I could see a small plume of smoke from the cabin's chimney. It felt so far away. The enticement of a warm fire and full-bodied red started to creep in.
- •Knowing the lake would still be frozen tomorrow, I made my way back to the log at a leisurely pace.