My Birthday Meal
Or, if you prefer, "My Death Row Meal" ... ps: it's not my birthday! That's next month! I just had schnitzel tonight and it inspired this list!
- •S C H N I T Z E LIf you want anything from me, put a plate of schnitzel in front of me. My preferred sides are caprese salad (with avocado) and chips (fries - sweet potato preferred, not fussy!) ... or a potato mash as a close second. Mushroom sauce - yes. Parmigiana- NEVER. No fucking way. Ew. Sacrilege.
- •My birthday meal is without a doubt homemade Gnocchi with tomato sauce - just like my dad used to make it 💚Suggested by @DanielaM
- •My death row meal is all the things I'm allergic to. So it if very different from my birthday meal.Stuffed chicken marsala, angel hair pasta with marinara and so much parmesan on top. Finish with Tiramisu. (Allergic to mushrooms and dairy) Then you can kill me.Suggested by @Boogie
- •I'm going to go with everything on this list....Suggested by @BWN_7
- •Cheese and champagne, bc I'm classy..Suggested by @cvlop61
- •Or some variation of nachos, bc I'm gluttonous afSuggested by @cvlop61
- •I don't have a photo of this, but my mom cooks the most amazing food. My favourite of hers is lamb chops (crispy and savoury), savoury backed potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower with a white cheese sauce, some other mixed veg, and sweet potato or a sweet pumpkin with loads of butter and sugar. 🤤Suggested by @barefootmeds
- •Spaghetti with homemade ragu sauceThis was my birthday dinner for most of my childhood. My grandpa grew tomatoes and canned his own AMAZING sauce each summer. I'd ask for a jar for my November birthday dinner each year. (Tragedy is I never asked how to make it, and the recipe went to the grave with him years ago. 😢)Suggested by @jhope71
- •BrinnerEggs over easy, toast soldiers, hash browns, bacon, sausage links, mushrooms, tomatoes, French toast with powdered sugar.Suggested by @jennifergster
- •I like @Boogie's idea. My death row meal also is what I'm allergic to (shellfish, tomatoes, gluten because of celiac disease, bananas, strawberries, and apples).I'll start with a salad that contains apples. For the main course I would like pasta with shrimp and tomatoes and garlic bread. For dessert I would like a banana split with strawberry ice cream. I might not get through all of it because the shellfish reaction is extreme. So I might possibly die before I get to the end of the meal. That would save me the misery of the execution.Suggested by @Heartsounds
- •☺️Suggested by @jpbateson
- •here's an actual photo of mine from a couple weeks back: rabbit, marinated feta, olives, potatoes, lebneh.... and a bunch of other good shit i can't remember.Suggested by @jeremysomething