My Top Moments From 2017
According to me, according to my Instagram pics. [🏃🏻♀️📝]
- •JanuaryThis was the 3rd Jan. I got a serotonin tattoo with the third silhouette (I'm the fourth one), we cried about her going home, and had fish and chips on the beach with my fam. We were making shapes by the light of the sunset under the moon rise and first star. Making wishes, perhaps?
- •FebruaryThe day of love. Buzzed by my galentine dedication from @jennifergster. Buzzed by this large 'Coke'. Buzzed by wearing red lipstick. I was feeling life in this photo and that's all I ever aim to do; feel life in all its glories.
- •MarchThis was actually a video of one of my nephew's surf club 'flags' heats. This little gem won the flags (and sprints) finals. I cannot even explain the pride I have as his Aunt. I laid in the sand getting busted by officials, taking photos and vids of him like a crazed 'dance mum'.
- •AprilAfter a particularly challenging month, I retreated to the arms of my cousin (700km from home). Loren and I are kindred spirits (as well as legit genetic cousins, can you tell?!). I treasure her dearly. We would sit on her porch at sunset, unwind, play some tunes... She was my April savior. ✌🏼🍁♥️ always.
- •MayMan-oh-man! Another tough month! Alas, we had beautiful unseasonal weather in time for my nephew's birthday, so we went boating to a nearby island for a family day. My sister (a yoga teacher) and I had the most insane amount of fun; being silly, being nudey and making shapes off the side of the boat. Love her, loved that day, loved this moment.
- •JuneF A M! What a month, June was one big moment! My highlights of June were being with family. This is my mum, I call her 'roomie'. She welcomed me (back) into her home in June and to both of our surprise it's been a lot of fun. I owe her so much. Worth noting: my younger sister, Sarah, was (and still is) a massive support to me and such a highlight of June too.
- •Julyeach moment with my baby sister, Noishies (aka Sarah). She's got shit going on, as do I. We're each other's rock. In this pic we were on a to-be-failed squid catching mission. We spent a lot of July together and they were all my fave moments.
- •AugustA family day, spent adventuring along the banks of the river while waiting for and eventually watching the Avon Descent (a white water race). This moment was a particular fave, spent with my brother-in-law celebrating that he and I were the only two smart cookies wearing gumboots! This day was memorable for other reasons, but this is the moment that makes me smile every time.