The Birth Of A Goal
This is how it all begins...
- •it pops up in my thoughts on the regular.I usually dismiss it for a while...
- •I google what is requiredJust to entertain the persistent thought
- •I realize that though there would be some decent hurdles, all in all, it's not impossible.this, in my experience, is the point of conception.
- •I give it meaning/purposeYou know, like, do it in my 40th year, wouldn't that be the most perfect gift to myself
- •I think about the resources I'd need, and if I have any contacts alreadyLike, my friend Mara who is a run coach for international marathons.
- •I google check details again, like qualifying times and other prerequisitesAnd work out I'm a minute and a bit off my required pace (despite knowing I'd need to sustain that for 41.2 more kilometers than I currently am.
- •I float the 'absurd' idea/goal with family for shits-n-gigglesAnd secure my financing for the flights!! Ha! Way-to-go, mum!
- •Day-dream about returning to Boston.Even if it is for a hellish 3 hours of pavement pounding hell. The daydreams are of the post race beers, not the run!
- •Look myself in the mirror, and ask myself, "are you seriously going to do this?"And respond, "maybe, I'm not sure yet"
- •Walk away, knowing the seed has been planted.Wait to see if it takes.
- •🌱+ 🏃🏻♀️