Year 2, Sem 1: Wrap Up
The semester in which I received an 87% and a 55%! Oy, what a crazy 13 weeks. [related: Semester 1: Second Year: Mid-Sem Update]
- •Unexpectedly I got my semester one results yesterday. I got them twice. Thanks for reiterating the facts UWA!
- •I did 4 units: three were psychology and one was an elective (anthropology).
- •I got 3 (low) distinctions and one high credit.Over here we grade: Fail, Pass, Credit, Distinction, High Distinction.
- •Initially I got super disappointed. I'm aiming for low high distinctions (80-ish %). I scored 10-ish % less than that.Dropping my GPA from a 6 to goodness knows what! 😕
- •I was all ready to give myself a mental beating followed by a period of sadness and a stern "wtf, gal?", when...
- •I realised how incredibly difficult last semester was for me on a personal level. Questioning my relationship and potentially doing a 180 on my life as I know it.It wasn't without its momentary highs, of which I am extremely grateful and treasure.
- •These drop in grades are concerning because my transcript is now counting toward my potential honors invitation and let's face it, this year isn't getting easier.
- •Coming into semester two, which is predominantly third year level units, I will need to create a tight structure to ensure I don't fall back, and regain my lost momentum.
- •If anything, I guess, this 'setback' has made me more determined.
- •After looking at my results last night, I ended on a positive note. I truly am proud at how well I kept my shit together and didn't completely fall apart. That I could experience the rollercoaster of emotion and fatigue and still achieve respectable grades.
- •So, here's to Year 2, Semester 2!Coming at ya live in 2 weeks!