TV I Watched With My Parents Growing Up
I thought this would be lighthearted...I was very wrong.
- •I lived with my grandparents for the most part as a kid and I remember every week my Gram's sister, my Aunt Jane and her husband, my Uncle Chick ( why is no one called Chick any more?) Would come over to eat cheesecake and watch The Golden Girls. And it was just a really wonderful thing that they did that, to be together.
- •I remember watching Silk Stalkings with my Mom. I think it came on kinda late, and sometimes if she let me stay up with her and watch it I wouldn't have to go to school the next day. I have no idea what the hell it was about, but my Mom liked it and I loved being with her when she was happy.
- •Watching Full House and basically the whole TGIF lineup with my little sister, until we were too old I guess. I lost her in 2010, she passed away, and the loss of that was indescribable. And I had my son in 2013, which started my heart again.
- •(Cont.) When Fuller House came out on NetFlix earlier this year, I danced around the living room with my son thinking how amazing this life can be, and how heartbreaking it is that he'll never know his Aunt Ashley, because she would have Loved him. I also sang him Baby Beluga when he was a baby ( and still do )
- •My Dad would get my sister and I on the weekends, and he would always watch Ghostwriter with us. He would be really interested and pay attention to the storylines with us. It was something we would always do together.