HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS FOR MY STUDENTS ON A SNOW DAY
- •Build a snow fort. Declare war on your neighbors. Pen a war memoir inspired by "The Things They Carried".
- •Mount a low budget production of "Frozen" in your front lawn. Utilize Aristotle's six characteristics of a tragedy as your guide.
- •Form a bobsled team with your siblings. Write a research paper on the development of bobsledding as a sport. Use MLA citations.
- •Create a field of snow angels approximately the size of Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel. Explain how the snow angels function as an ekphrasis reminiscent of Achilles' shield in "The Iliad".
- •Sleep in. Then analyze your dreams in light of the dream symbolism in Dostoevky's "Crime and Punishment".
- •Go sledding. Loudly recite a soliloquy from "Hamlet" as you descend. When others ask what you're doing, simple reply "Words, words, words" and start mumbling something about accidentally stabbing your girlfriend's father thru a curtain.
- •Watch Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz's weather reports. Diagram each sentence, correct the grammar, and E-Mail the results to NBC 10.