A Perth Winter Diary
...for @amieshmamie, because she's curious about my city's weather! I'm tempted to sum this list up by saying our winter is similar to L.A.'s, but I won't (!).
- •First day of winterIt was a warm winter's day, 23C/73F (or thereabouts) and this warm weather has been fairly consistent. So much so I even went for a beach swim last week. Weather was warm, water is now cold. It was refreshing to say the least!
- •Two weeks inTwo weeks in, our day-time temps are still around 20C/70F. Our lowest night temps have been 9C/48F (I think!) and we received a couple overnight showers this week too. The blue skies have been getting a little more cloudy! Seems like the sunshine and 23C/73F weather is sticking around for another week!
- •*chilly*Still fine days but the mornings are dipping below 9C/49F!
- •It's raining! I'm laying in bed and hearing the rain fall. It varies in intensity. It's just beautiful. It's 13C/56F and a little after midnight.no photo because some things are better without.
- •It's raining, it's pouring...Aww, I feel like Perth might be getting the hang of winter. We had 59mm of rain overnight and scattered showers during the day. It's windy af! Those are some big ass puddles in front of the riverbank! But on the positive side, it was Solstice yesterday, so we're now on the upswing of longer days! Hallelujah 🙌🏼