I DONATED BLOOD! 💉
- •Just a reminder that giving blood is an easy way to give back and support your community and it can take up as little as 30-60 minutes of your time!
- •The Red Cross has been straight up stalking me to donate and I finally committed and made an appointment.I recently reactivated my profile and they've been calling me every week because I'm Type O and a hot commodity. 🔥
- •I waited almost 45 minutes because they were so busy but donating only took about 10.Look, I'm a mom of a toddler. Give me a relatively quiet space where I can read a book in peace and I'm a happy camper. This was practically a vacation.
- •The nurses told me they'd been swamped all day because more people were donating after the Orlando shooting.I can't take credit for that kind of thinking, I made my appointment a week ago, but I love that.
- •It is ABSURD to me that the Red Cross still has bans on any man who's had sexual contact with another man and hopefully that change is coming very, very soon.I can't point you on how to take action on that but voicing your opinion to the Red Cross and your congressman is probably a good start.
- •In the meantime, you can still support the gay community (and anyone in need) by giving blood that we all need.
- •That's all!
- •Oh, except it had been more than 5 years since I had last donated. It's never too late to start, or start again!