MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONGS TO SING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS
I can't sing well. Like, not even a little. But that doesn't stop me because it's CHRISTMAS and only a Scrooge would tell you to stop singing a heartfelt carol of joy. 🎄😬
- •Same Old Lang SyneMy husband finds it so ridiculous that I know all of the words that it's become one of our holiday favorites. The more expressively sung, including acting out the frozen foods scene, the better.
- •Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) / All I Want For Christmas Is YouI don't know if there's anyone my age who doesn't love Mariah Carey Christmas songs but there's just nothing like pretending I have that kind of range. Loudly. On repeat.
- •I Heard The Bells On Christmas DayThis song really does give me all the feels. Singing it at the top of my lungs is a little tricky because you have to start out deep and slow and let it build. You've really got to mean it. And if you're singing along to the Karen Carpenter version with the choir you have to turn it up loud enough to still hear Karen because she is just perfect.
- •O Holy NightSimilarly to I Heard The Bells. I may start crying somewhere in the middle and embarrass us all.
- •Last ChristmasClassic angst. Need I say more?
- •Grown Up Christmas ListAbsolute number one choice. So many opportunities to really belt it out and then miss that high note completely. Also the emotional turmoil of that song is almost unmatched.