WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO FOR THE LAST 40+ DAYS
Inspired by @nantea. I went away for Lent but stayed away until after Easter which was a little longer than 40 days. Anyway, here are all the ways I kept busy.
- •We started a church!That's one of our best friends (he was the best man in our wedding) up front! We're renting this beautiful old church but we're still small and it's been an amazing experience and we're learning so much.
- •Gave our son his first ice cream cone on Valentine's DayThere's no better way to say "I Love You" than with ice cream.
- •This happened!My husband threw the envelope onto the bed and this is where it landed. It was magical.
- •Started this daily devotional and it's super duper fantastic.Does me saying "super duper" automatically make you want nothing to do with anything I just said? Probably. Will I ever stop? Probably not.
- •We went to New York for the WHOLE DAY BY OURSELVES.
- •And ate pizza at John's!Aside from the delicious pizza, it was kind of exciting because it was our church denomination's (Christian & Missionary Alliance) first building called the Gospel Tabernacle before it was a pizza place. (It's a pretty cool story. A. B. Simpson started his own church because he wanted to invite everyone who wasn't welcomed into the bigger established churches.)
- •AND THEN WE SAW THE LION KINGMy parents got us tickets for Christmas and we have been sooo excited. It was so much better than I anticipated and made me wish I was a strong African woman. I mean, lioness. I mean... Either/or?
- •We started PiYo.So instead of spending my first 30-60 minutes of the day on the List App, I've been working out and getting some much needed muscle. My husband has been asking me to do it with him for a year and I've been avoiding it but I really love it now. I feel great and I am starting to feel ready for wedding/swimsuit season. 💪🏼👗👙
- •I rediscovered SnapChat.I never said ALL of my choices were a better use of my time.
- •My husband got a new job!Not something I did but still very exciting! (Please note that I want my entire life visualized by Liz Lemon GIFs)
- •Made an Easter Basket!I'm embracing the years before my son realizes they're supposed to be 90% candy because I would have eaten 75% of it. (But not all. I'm not a monster.)
- •I did a reading at an interdenominational sunrise service in a local park and it was pretty awesome (the service, not my reading.)And got my picture in the local paper! Whaaaaat. That's my friend Elijah and we decided we are the Barack & Hillary of Easter readings because everyone else was a white man. The terror you see in my eyes is me realizing I have to read after him because he killeddd it.
- •Started trying to make my own iced coffee at home.Because my budget cannot accommodate my addiction to Starbucks cold brew. 😩
- •Up next!We have some other big changes coming up this year that we're preparing for but I'll talk about them more some other time. (Note: I am NOT pregnant.)
- •Oh and we got baby chicks!! I'll take pictures of their adorable-baby-ness and have them forthwith.