Already on li.st? Open in app.
it's my twenty-fourth year. I feel good about it. here it is in pictures, updated as I go!
aka how to enjoy your Sabbath and actually rest (a skill I am trying to learn but being still is hardddd)
- •brew your fave teamine is "Read My Lips" from David's Tea (it has little lip candies in it, so it's sort of like I'm getting kissed! hahahaha i'm single and I hate it!)
- •put on your fave recordtoday mine is "When the Night" by St. Lucia (it's so good I could punch someone because I love it so much, I'm dead serious).
- •in a favourite mugtoday mine is the one my highschool best friend got me for Christmas (taking joy in the things i own that represent people I love, as per the konmari method, namaste)
Nobody asked for this list, nobody listens to Fall Out Boy anymore, but I've been going through a re-emo phase and needed to establish how much I unironically love this band. None of the post-hiatus stuff because it is GARBAGE! REAL FANS ONLY!!!! \m/
- •Disloyal Order of Water BuffaloesNOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOU SING ABOUT TRAGEDY! (the official theme song for my entrance into teenagerdom).
- •Hum HallelujahI THOUGHT I LOVED YOU, IT WAS JUST HOW YOU LOOKED IN THE LIGHT! (the theme song for my official entrance into a weird, early-twenties identity crisis)
- •ThrillerFIX ME IN 45! (Jay-Z is on this song, you guys)
hello... it's me.
- •I went back to my hometown!I avoided it for five years and didn't instantaneously burst into flames when I landed! I did not die! It was for my friend's wedding and it was actually beautiful!
- •I went on my first ever casual date with someone I actually found attractive!aka my first non-pity date! it went super! I got a rotato and we talked about Star Wars and bands and he was waaaay too good looking to like me, so joke's on him!
- •I dated someone!Not the guy from the aforementioned date! Confusing! It was good (he is a gem of a human) but a rough time because it brought up a lot of deep-seated issues for me!
SHOOT FOR THE STARS OR WHATEVER!
- •Go to a music festivalLike a big one.
- •ROAAAADTRIPPossibly to the aforementioned music festival?
- •Find a mode of fitness I enjoySo far running and self-taught pilates are not contenders.
I love going to shows but somehow I get really distracted and usually end up spiralling down a crazy metaphorical thought-hole. I lost my head (ayyyyyyyyyyy) a bit last night.
- •Am I too old to be here?I'm 23 and can pass as 16 easily, but I wondered what people would think if they knew I was secretly an adult lady with a full-time job in the suburbs (not punk rock).
- •Will I ever get to dance like that again, or is that time in my life gone?Am I past the stage where I can grab my gal pals and dance and flail with abandon to our favourite bands and just soak up the moment? Or do I have to be serious and settle down and mellow out? Is it bad that I vehemently don't want that? Does that make me immature and silly?
- •I need to do something about my fomoMatty did a shpeil (shpiel? shpeel?!) before singing "Me" (!!!) where he asked us to put away our phones. It was so nice being present in that moment and not feeling afraid that I should be filming instead of just listening.
I liked these things before they were cool and I'm here to brag about it
- •Sufjan StevensEvery Christian hipster and their mom loves Suf, but how was I to know he was a household name (for a VERY specific demographic of people)? And I love him more than they do anyways. Have you read all his essays?!? I have. So there.
- •High-waisted shortsI bought a pair of mom jeans in high school and cut them into shorts. I looked BOMB but all the cool people thought I was a weirdo like "where do you even get shorts that high?!" and now they're all wearing them 🙃
- •AntiquesI love old things because I am secretly and 80-year-old woman, but apparently antiquing is a thing many people my age do and nothing I love is unique.
I'm watching this show for the first time and just got into season 3. I have some OPINIONS on THINGS
- •So whinyWhy are you so whiny? Problem-solve, ya nerd.
- •So possessiveLet a girl LIVE, ya weirdo.
is this bad?
- •Public speakingI feel like this is a character flaw. I love being up in front of people and having something to say! Especially love making people laugh. Maybe i should be a comedian. Probably not.
- •Writing essaysRESEARCHING IS MY JAMMY JAM. I'm all up in da library Hermione-style with a fortress of books around me, gettin' educated. Then you BEST believe I'm gonna put a mic drop worthy concluding sentence in there. Knowledge, yo.
- •Thinkin' bout ma feelsSome people go their whole lives avoiding "going there", but I kind of like it! It's a rush!