SOME NOT-SO-SURPRISING NOTES ON COMPASSION
But funnily enough it seems to be rocket science.
- •Compassion has no limit.
- •I feel great compassion for what has happened in France.
- •I can, at the very same time, feel bursting compassion for what happened in Beruit without someone chiding me and schooling me on the awful ways of the western media 🙄
- •It's dumb to berate someone for feeling sad over an unfortunate incident involving a celeb or a noteworthy identity by pointing out an equally unfortunate incident happening to someone who is not a house hold name. I can feel compassion for both without you butting in, thank you!
- •Yes. There are starving children in third world countries but that doesn't mean I need to feel less empathy for someone who is suffering depression or some other kind of incurable (but perhaps manageable) illness.
- •My compassion can be doled out to as little people or to as many people as I so desire. I don't need the moral police to tell me who I should feel more sorry for. 👮🏼
- •Compassion has no limit.I pray for all suffering on a daily basis.