BALINESE PHRASES WE'RE LEARNING
On vacation in Ubud, Bali and this list is for all the new words/phrases we're learning. It's always our aim on vacation to learn the 'get-by' phrases and general pleasantries.
- •Suksma - thank youpronounced: sook-smar // taught to us by the welcome host
- •Mewali - you're welcomepronounced: meh-waa-lee // taught by our swim-up bar man
- •Om Suasti Astu - pleasure to meet youPronounced: om-su-ass-tee-ass-tu // Taught to us by our tour representative
- •Ken Ken Kabare? - how are you?Pronounced: Ken-Ken kah-bar-eh // taught to us by kadek, our tour rep
- •Becik becik - I am finePronounced: beh-chick beh-chick // taught to us by kadek