[flashback] What Was Your Regular High-School Canteen Order?
last week's 90s nostalgia seeped into this week!
- •two hash-browns in a buttered brown bread rollusually bought at recess and then I'd eat what mum made me at lunch.
- •We had a salad bar with the best French onion soup and little cubes of mozzarella cheese, so I'd fill a coffee mug maybe halfway with the cheese cubes, then pour the hot soup over and the cheese would get soft but not melt all the way.And I still think about how great this was kind of often.Suggested by @jennifergster
- •I'd leave during my study hall and go to Dot's for decent coffee and a grilled blueberry muffin.Suggested by @jannychan
- •At snack break: I would get a chocolate donut 🍩 that looked just like the emoji and two chocolate milks.At lunch break: we would usually leave campus and go to In n Out or Del Taco, or Taco Loco if we weren't coming back to school (not because the tacos were crazy, but because it was by the beach).Suggested by @HisDudeness
- •Pizza in the cafeteria. If it wasn't pizza day, I'd hit the vending machine for a diet soda and cheez balls. Or a Lance cracker pack.Usually cheese on wheat or cream cheese & chives. (Yes, I love cheese. And cheez. The oranger and faker the better!)Suggested by @jhope71
- •I brought my lunch. PB & Honey, goldfish, nutty bar, Pepsi.I did not understand about nutrition.Suggested by @ashleyanwiler
- •Usually we went out for lunch to one of these three places; burger place, pizza place, or deli. If the weather was bad, I would buy these pink hostess snow balls with my lunch money and have them for lunch because the cafeteria food was dreadful!Suggested by @Heartsounds
- •french fries...to balance out the baby carrots in my packed lunch. i ate both with mustard. always plain, none of that fancy curly shit.Suggested by @victralala
- •We had Pizza Hut and Taco Bell on campus. So breadsticks or a bean burrito. 'MericaSuggested by @designordie