Like Only A Senior Can...
And I mean senior as in 'pre-geriatric'! A list of funny things older people do as experienced by living with my mum! Stay tuned for updates!
- •Advice (dispensed multiple times) to put fuel in my car on Mondays. "It's down to $1.10 on Monday, that's a whole 20c saving per liter..."Mum and her bf make a massive deal about this. I'm kinda coming around to it though. I love how mad it makes mum's boyfriend that fuel is only cheap on Mondays!
- •She thinks I'm a tech wiz because I can use a menu. "You'll have to teach me how you did that". God, I love her. Truly.I'm her technical support, she's my emotional support. We have a system!
- •"Jessica, you don't need to buy shampoo and conditioner, I already have some upstairs you can use up first" ...yep, super shiny and dirty hair, coming right up!Tbf, she has always done this kind of thing! She's like a tornado when she shops and doesn't read labels!
- •Dedicated to her 'old-faithfuls'. This and other utensils have been around since I was a child (aka, long time!). Waste not, want not!
- •Dictate when you do things! I mean, she gave me life! Plus she's an Italian mum!*. "I'll hang my washing out soon!" Doesn't she know I'm chatting with a friend via text?! 😏*similar to Jewish mum's, I've worked out!
- •...MORNING SHOWS. Even when she's not in the room watching. Kills me.She denies watching them too. "I don't really watch them". What?! Ugh. I like a quiet home in the mornings, and if not quiet, music playing. But commercial tv? No thank you.