MY BAD DECADE
Inspired in part by @margaretyoko's kick ass child gang list from the other day, and a conversation shared at dinner tonight with a friend over a mutual experience from our childhood. We both experienced a super awkward decade feeling like the 'black duck' - tomboy child .. here is my 'bad' decade
- •EightThe awkward one on the right (your right, but I had you at awkward!)
- •NineGoing through the motions, wondering if the kids were choosing to be there.
- •TenMy dad was a boilermaker / gold mining entrepreneur - this was his workshop and this was me oblivious to my distinct differences to my sisters (awkward, right, obvious!)
- •ElevenI was starting to become aware of my awkwardness, hence being manhandled into this photo by a very dear friend of mine.
- •TwelveThis must have been my sister's desk. I don't recall ever receiving a medal, or studying. Despite looking like a complete awkward nerd.
- •ThirteenI declare this the height of awkward, there is no photo available. Although, the next photo (photo-booth) I believe is a 13/14 comparison shot with my bff.
- •FourteenThis photo reveals the true height of my awkwardness (which carried into my early 20's) .. this in fact from a scrapbook of the first 21 years of my life. All this to distract you from the climax of awkward - 14.
- •FifteenThe year dad was diagnosed with his brain tumor* .. and weirdly the slow and gradual decline of awkward. *thinking I miiiiight list some diary entries from my experiences as a teen experiencing my dad's cancer.
- •Sixteen...and no where near being kissed! BUT on the improve, for sure!
- •SeventeenWith my new bff (who is still one of my closest loves to date.. awww) and shedding a decade of awkward.. visually at least!
- •EighteenOH FUCK!! What the hell happened?!
- •EighteenLet's do that again!! This is more like it, celebrating the decade of awkward being done and done! Confident young lady on the rise!!..