- •What disturbs me the most about this recent hate crime.
- •Is the fear and potential shame that 'yet to express' gay children and teens may experience from it.
- •Those who are only just discovering their sexuality.
- •And being 'told' by the actions of vitriolic hatred that 'they are not ok'.
- •It hurts my heart in ways I cannot describe.
- •This potential for repression in an era of global liberation is so very damaging.
- •The silver lining is that we have a choice. We can make their sexuality 'ok'. The actions of one holds no weight to the reassurance of millions.
- •Our gay children need to know that their sexuality is perfectly normal. Always, and especially now.
- •Our straight children need to know that their sexuality is perfectly normal. Yet, they also need to know that their sexuality is not the only normal.
- •Now is the time we can reverse the damage our children are witnessing. We must instill in them positive values that will give them self-worth and respect, and non-judgement of others.
- •If for whatever religious or cultural beliefs you have that may have you believe otherwise, that's ok, just please respect the differences in others. They have a different deity that they 'answer' to.
- •This list has two simple requests: please exercise non-judgement and love.
- •...this list is not an argument, so if you want that, I respectfully request you look for another list. I won't be entering into commentary that isn't aligned with the two requests.