Would We Be Sexist To A Gendered Humanoid?
Bear with me on this, currently revising one of my anthropology topics and it got me thinking off on a tangent!
- •Why are some of us humans sexist?Stew on that for a sec... don't @ me, there's more to come!
- •Would humans who are high in trait-sexism behave the same way with a gendered humanoid (robot)?After all, they are gendered and programmed to behave to a set of rules pertaining to that gender.
- •Yet, the humanoid, unlike a human can be programmed to not compute the subtleties (or not so subtle behaviours) of sexism."I am sorry, I do not understand what you are saying" (motherfucker).
- •Would the sexist eventually realize the sexism is pointless (over time)?If there isn't a response to the toxic stimulus, does it cease to exist?
- •So, would sexism die out with the existence of gendered humanoids?Or are we inherently that ignorant and arrogant that it could worsen?
- •Or will we replace sexism with some overarching elitism?Wouldn't doubt that possibility. Not for a single second!
- •You know, thoughts. Ok. Back to my actual study now.Welcome to the inner workings of the mind of jessica.
- •Side note: just posed this scenario and question to my mum and her partner (both in their 60s). After a long winded discussion on the rights and wrongs of robotics and automation, mum's partner remarked "nothin' like the real thing". To which I promised him I'd buy him a humanoid sex-robot for his 80th! Fun times!