The Divorce Card
By family therapist Dr. Jean Carveth
- 1.Therapists see an equal amount of harm caused by unhappy "intact nuclear families".
- 2.Damage to kids from divorce is caused by a parent who plays the divorce cardNot by the divorce
- 3.Playing the divorce card means that the parent cares more about revenge than in raising kids who want to be with her when they're adults
- 4.Unhappy couples have two choices, not three
- 5.Decide to stay together in an unharmonious marriage and be kind to each other or
- 6.End the marriage. Not
- 7.Stay together and torture each other.
- 8.Children see everything.