The Divorce Card
By family therapist Dr. Jean Carveth
- •Therapists see an equal amount of harm caused by unhappy "intact nuclear families".
- •Damage to kids from divorce is caused by a parent who plays the divorce cardNot by the divorce
- •Playing the divorce card means that the parent cares more about revenge than in raising kids who want to be with her when they're adults
- •Unhappy couples have two choices, not three
- •Decide to stay together in an unharmonious marriage and be kind to each other or
- •End the marriage. Not
- •Stay together and torture each other.
- •Children see everything.