HAMILTON LINES THAT GET STUCK IN MY HEAD
Took a family car trip to NYC today and Hamilton is the one music choice everyone agrees on the moment. So, my brain is full of Hamilton quotes right now.
- •"I'M A GENERAL - WHEEEEEE!!!" Charles LeeI can't see anyone interview a general on tv or talk about a general without hearing this line in my head
- •"It's hard to have intercourse over four sets of corsets." Hercules Mulligan(is this not history's most absurdly butch name?? Like it belongs on Homer Simpson's list of manly names he wanted to change to before he settled on Max Power)
- •"A civics lesson from a slaver - hey neighbor, your debts are paid because you don't pay for labor." Hamilton
- •"Everyone shall sit under their own vine, and fig tree, and no-one shall make them afraid."I know it's from the Bible but the way it's used here just gets me... Washington is just exhausted, he's been serving his country for 40 years and all he wants is "a moment alone in the shade." Made much more poignant by the fact that he died two years after leaving office.
- •"Here's an itemized list of Thirty years of disagreements." "Sweet Jesus." Hamilton and BurrHamilton keeping track of EVERYTHING, LIKE HE DOES, BECAUSE HE DOESNT KNOW ANY OTHER WAY TO BE, THIS IS THE SAME GUY WHO KEPT A LEDGER OF ALL THE EXTORTION PAYMENTS HE MADE TO THE HUSBAND OF THE WOMAN HE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH and Burr once again being like "Dude, what...."
- •"Talk less, smile more, don't let them know what you're against or what you're for." Burr
- •"And when push comes to shove, I will send an armed battalion to remind you of my love!" King GeorgeMy ten year old, a great Hamilton enthusiast, loves all of King George's songs and pointed out that he sounds like HedonismBot from Futurama
- •"We signed a treaty with a king whose head is now in a basket, would you like to take it out and ask it??" Hamilton
- •"You punched the bursar." BurrThis line a) tells you so much about Hamilton and how intemperate he is. And b) the utter disbelief in Burr's voice is perfect, he's like "seriously, I'm trying to be cool about this but dude are you serious??"