REASONS I AM SAD MY 7 YEAR OLD LOVES THE SONG "COUNTING STARS"
- •The line "everything that kills me...makes me feel alive."
- •The acoustic intro which makes a mockery of all great acoustic guitar music ever created.
- •The fact that he wants to hear the song not once, but multiple times in a row.
- •The fact that the morally correct thing to do is to pretend that listening to the song is making me happy too.
- •As far as I can tell, it's about a desperate person who believes that through substance abuse he and his lover, to whom the song is addressed, will enter a magical, heavenly realm where they will no longer face the stress of everyday life.