THE BEST FOODS IN NEW YORK CITY, IN ONE MAN'S IDIOSYNCRATIC OPINION
Writing lists while hungry: a cautionary tale.
- •Soup dumplings at .... that Michelin rated dumpling house in Jackson Heights, Queens whose name I can't remember.
- •Chicken wings at Great Jones Cafe in the East Village
- •Shaved ice with red bean at Spa Castle in Queens
- •Shepherd's pie at Dub Pies in Windsor Terrace
- •That crazy poppy seed and walnut pudding at Veselka
- •Dim Sum at 88 palace in Manhattan or Ocean-something on 65th st. in Brooklyn Chinatown
- •Any smoked fish sandwich from Russ & Daughters Appetizing. And that old use of the word "Appetizing" as a noun.
- •I will kick myself later for having forgotten many great foods.
- •Bone marrow at Blue Ribbon, though I haven't had it in years. Damn, that red wine reduction...
- •"Frozen Hot Chocolate" at Serendipity.