6 THINGS CANADIANS HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THE AMERICAN ELECTION
- •"Ugghhh, this is happening again?"Seriously: it's like there's an election happening every five minutes over there. Suddenly our Facebook feeds are overrun with candidate hyperbole, think pieces, and hyperbolic thinkpieces about candidates.
- •(long sigh) "I guess I should figure out who's who."SNL's going to be doing a bunch of political skits and I need to be able to laugh knowingly along! Oh and the US is our biggest trading partner and all that.
- •"So um, Donald Trump is a real contender?"At least, that's how it seems from the couple of articles I've read and the concurrent freaking-out happening on social media.
- •"I'm going to miss Obama!"We're so used to being jealous of the US having an articulate, liberal leader. Wait: now we've got one too!
- •"America is set to spend $3 billion on this thing?!!!"Surely there's better ways to use that money!!!
- •"Ok but seriously: why do you only have two parties to choose from?"There's 300 million of you: surely you can't divide everyone neatly into two camps?