A MEMORY FROM EVERY STATE I'VE BEEN IN
Inspired by @DG and many others.
- •FLORIDAOnce in 1981 for a week in Ft. Lauderdale. I remember calm ocean water we could go out SO deep in, the giant pipe organ at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church and Sea World.
- •GEORGIAI work here, but live across the state line, so I've driven here every day for 16 years. You'll notice I haven't moved here. I really don't care for Augusta, but Atlanta has been amazing the few times I've been there!
- •MICHIGANI spent a week in Grand Rapids twice. Both times I misjudged the weather, packed wrong, and had to wear the same thing all week.
- •MISSISSIPPII lived in Jackson for 2 years while my dad was in grad school, from the ages of 2 to 4. Not too many memories beyond chicken pox, my younger brother's arrival, and pre-K.
- •NEW JERSEYDrive-through.
- •NEW YORKI spent a week in NYC in 1994 and LOVED IT. I will be back one day.
- •NORTH CAROLINAI was born here, and have fond memories of shopping trips to Gastonia with my grandma.
- •PENNSYLVANIAI spent a week in Philly in 1986. I fell in love with Wa-Wa Food Markets and Philly Cheesesteaks, and hit all the touristy sites.
- •SOUTH CAROLINAHome sweet home! My other brother was born here. I've lived here for 42 of my 44 years, all over the state.
- •TENNESSEEI almost went to college near Chattanooga, and it's gorgeous up there. I've toured the Jack Daniels plant in Lynchburg, too. Did you know it's in a dry county?
- •TEXASI spent a week here in 1988 visiting my uncle in Corpus Christi. He took us to San Antonio and South Padre Island, too.
- •VIRGINIAStayed one night of a week-long trip before an emergency called us home. It seemed nice, though!
- •WASHINGTON DCDrive-through, but I really want to visit for real. I've seen the Washington Monument zip by through car windows several times. One day...
- •WEST VIRGINIADrive-through.