A NIGHT AT THE FAIR
I had the fun task of chaperoning a church youth group trip to the fair. I decided to document it for y'all as the evening went on.
- •I'm a little sad that the Demolition Derby is tomorrow, not tonight.
- •Airbrushed t-shirts are apparently still A Thing.
- •Fried food, OMG yesssss.
- •The kids rode this one first.
- •I got a corn dog, then went around the corner and saw this.Mistakes were made tonight. I really wish I could've tried the Frosted Flake Chicken instead.
- •Neon lights on the midway.They have their own strange beauty.
- •Haunted Houses have changed A LOT since I was a kid.
- •The view from the Ferris Wheel!
- •This. This is what I looked forward to all night.Delicious, greasy, sugary fried glory. Come. To. Momma.
- •Of course a fair in a red state has semi-automatic weapons for kids to play with!'Murica!!
- •The softer side of the fair.
- •Second-place flower.
- •This one is a rabbit's foot fern.
- •Can't have a fair without prize-winning vegetables!
- •Not pictured: several random people walking around carrying Trump yard signs.I assume there was a booth giving them away. Either that, or they are hardcore about their vote.