A TRIBUTE TO AUNT EP
My great-aunt Evelyn passed away this week. We all called her Aunt Ep. (Of course, we're southern so it sounded like "Ain't Ep.")
- •She lived to be 92, which is a LONG time.Her funeral is today in my hometown, but I couldn't make it.
- •She was a beautiful woman, inside and out.Quiet, loving, kind, encouraging, supportive.
- •Best example of her kind spirit:She and her husband never had children. He died before I was born, so she was a widow for a long time, living alone. She drove, 40 miles each way, to every family gathering we had, every holiday.
- •Each Christmas Eve my dad's side of the family had a party and swapped gifts.Aunt Ep didn't swap names. Instead, she made sure every kid had a gift under the tree. All FIFTEEN of us cousins.
- •It wasn't much. Usually a puzzle...
- •...or a Fun Pad.
- •No matter what, she included all of us.And I'll always love her for it.
- •One more story!My folks are back from the funeral. They learned that during WWII ,Aunt Ep worked in a munitions plant and she was VERY PROUD to have worked for her country and done her part! ♥️💪🏻♥️