Tried to make a Cinnabon cinnamon roll kit last night, only to be doomed by a crappy oven. I documented it, though, so here goes:
- •I mixed the dough in my mom's glorious Kitchenaid.
- •Here Mom is kneading and pressing the dough out.Aren't her hands amazing? You can see every vein and tendon and ligament. Those hands have done A LOT in their 71 years.
- •All rolled up and ready to go.
- •Here she's using thread to cut through the dough quickly and easily.Knives squish the rolls too much, destroying their shape and displacing the filling.
- •And we're rolling and rolling again for the second batch.We added a few walnuts to this batch for extra flavor.
- •Looking good!
- •Here's my hands, icing the rolls that emerged overdone from the oven.Cooked too long in an oven that's hard to regulate, on a rack too low.
- •We decided it's Cinnabon Biscotti instead of rolls.Still tasty, just very crunchy. What a disappointment.