Close Encounters of The Boy Kind
- •Fifth GradeRichie B sat in front of me and we talked all the time. He picked on me all the time, too. One day he was playing with a rubber band and wrapped it around his finger until it turned purple, laughing at how upset I got. I was hysterical, telling him to take it off, and it was one of the few times I ever got in trouble in class.
- •Sixth Grade-Eighth GradeBill E develops a habit of leaning over to sing to me anytime the teacher leaves the room, or if we have free time before/after class. What does he sing? "Girl I Want Your Body" by the Jacksons. WHY?!? Later he adds "Jamie Used to Be My Girl" by Ray Parker Jr. to the mix. He never speaks to me otherwise. Ever. 🤔
- •Ninth GradeDavid V strikes up a conversation in the lunch line. D: Your name's Jamie? Me: Yes. D: Like Jamie Lee Curtis? Me: Yep. D: She's hot. Me: I guess so. D: You wish you looked like her? Me: Sure. D: I wish you did, too. Me: 😟
- •Tenth GradeScot L and I become good friends, flirt and admit we like each other, then he just...disappeared into thin air. Rumor at school was he moved back in with his dad in another state. I can't find anything online about him to this day. So weird.
- •Eleventh GradeLake H and I have Drivers Ed together and on days we're not driving, we cut class and hang out behind the cafeteria, talking. We start to get close and even hang out a few evenings together. Prom time comes and goes and he doesn't ask me. The Monday after I asked him if he went & how it was. He said "I didn't go. I was waiting for SOMEBODY to mention it but they never did." Me: 😮😕😡
- •So yeah, there you go, @BrentMWiggins - boys are just as mysterious as girls!