COSTA RICA 3: FRUTAS!
We ate a lot of fruit. Some familiar, some completely new to us. All delicious!
- •Marmon ChineThe strangest. You split the hairy-strawberry outside and eat the squishy inside while avoiding the big pit inside. Yummy!
- •CasSour as hell by itself, but it makes the best lemonade-like drink.
- •PejibayeLooked like a giant acorn, has to be cooked first, tasted like a mix of sweet potato and boiled peanuts. So good!
- •Carambolaaka Starfruit. Sweet and yummy.
- •UchuaMy favorite. You peel back the papery leaves and pop the whole tart, tangy berry in your mouth.
- •Apple bananasSo tiny and soft and slightly sweeter than regular bananas. Perfect size!
- •More common fruits we had:Pineapples, mangoes, guava, papaya, bananas. Everything tasted a million times fresher and better in CR, compared to in the US.