CRUISE LIST 2: BELIZE
My first-ever visit to a country outside the US!
- •We got off the ship on a drizzly, cool day.My gang to the right, random stranger on the left.
- •We poked around a tourist shopping village here while waiting to leave for cave tubing.
- •Turns out you really can buy prescription drugs OTC here.Still kicking myself for not getting any. Too chicken.
- •We rode through town and it was fascinating to see their way of life.
- •The fence around the YWCA was gorgeous!
- •Aquarius restaurantFried chicken and shrimp, chop suey, chow mein.
- •Lush tropical vegetation!
- •I couldn't take my camera on the actual trip, so here are some stock photos:
- •We hiked about a mile to the river.The guides taught us SO MUCH about the traditional medicines, tree barks, etc. I got bit by something that I really hope wasn't a Zika skeeter.
- •We were tethered together for safety.Made things slower, but it was s pleasant ride.
- •Seriously, gorgeous scenery!And I only got mysterious cave juice dropped into my eyeball once. 👀
- •After the hike, we had lunch (chicken, rice & beans, coleslaw), then went back to the village.
- •We got our drink on, then went back to the ship.That's my dorky brother wearing a Cozumel shirt in Belize. 🙄
- •EDIT: I totally forgot they took pics of us. (Forgive the watermark. And the blinding whiteness of my skin.)