CRUISE LIST 4: COZUMEL
Last stop! And my favorite.
- •We opted for a "Cozumel By Land & Sea" excursion.
- •First stop was the "Sea" portion.We got on a submersible boat that took us four feet underwater for a tour of the reefs.
- •The bottom of the boat had blue light and windows all around.It felt like we were in an aquarium.
- •The scenery was spectacular.
- •So many fish!
- •And more fish!
- •Then it was time for "Land" portion.CHOCOLATE!!
- •This room smelled SO DAMN GOOD.And we learned a lot about traditional chocolate making, trade, barter, etc. (Dat aroma tho...😍)
- •Then we got to taste chocolate and watch it being made.Fascinating. Lots of crushing, grinding, pouring, aerating. Then...NOM.
- •Then we went back on the bus to a different part of town for shopping and the next tour.TEQUILA!
- •We learned how Tequila is made, and saw the equipment used in this organic production.
- •Then it was tasting time. Oh my word.
- •My favorites were the flavored ones, cause I'm not much of a drinker.Guanabana (aka soursop) was delicious, but the Crema de Cafe was unbelievable. The guide said if you put some in your coffee each morning, you'll have a great day and love your job! 😂
- •We spent the rest of the visit checking out a Mayan ruin and a Catholic chapel.Oh, and meeting a local "warrior!"
- •Then it was back to the boat to begin the journey home. We had a BLAST at all the stops!