FIRST MAJOR NEWS STORY I REMEMBER LIVING THROUGH AS A CHILD
I saw in Twitter that Monday marked the FORTIETH anniversary of the Bicentennial. Inspired by @Peace_Out_List
- •I was 4 years old in the Summer of 1976. Barely old enough to form memories, but old enough to know there was something exciting in the air.
- •It was the Bicentennial of America's Birth!
- •Red, white and blue stuff was everywhere.
- •Even Barbie got in on it.
- •But my heart was set on a pair of shoes. Bicentennial shoes.
- •I had to have them. I begged. I pleaded. I felt it was my patriotic duty as a tiny American to wear them proudly.I got them and wore the hell out of them til I outgrew them within a few months. But I represented the pride of '76 as best I could! 🇺🇸