FIRST SEVEN JOBS
Inspired by @andersun, Twitter and a bunch of other listers. I've really only had seven jobs, now that I've thought bout it!
- •BabysitterThis was my thing for years. All ages, all types. At one point I was on the approved list for the local Mothers of Twins club, so I kept many sets of twins.
- •NannyThree different families, none were the live-in type. First two families were summer jobs, the last family involved school pickups, cub scouts, homework, etc.
- •ReceptionistExcept instead of a fun office, I was by myself in a failing window-treatment store. I lasted three months.
- •Accounting clerkI worked for the college journalism department. The job included departmental bookkeeping, washing the coffee mugs of the dept head (EW!) and being business manager for the school newspaper.
- •Development Office AssistantI did annual reports, alumni updates, parent newsletters, fundraising, all that stuff you hate to get in the mail!
- •Church treasurer/secretaryI don't do the money anymore, but I still maintain the website & handle the prayer chain emails and other communication.
- •Advertising/Marketing/HRMy current job. I started out with catalogs and flyers, now there's a website to populate & maintain, and last year they offered me a big raise if I'd take on payroll & insurance. So yeah, I wear quite a few hats!