HAPPY VETERANS DAY!
- •Many, many thanks to those who have served to protect and defend us. Thank you for your service, your sacrifice, and your strength.
- •I thought it would be interesting to share pics and stories about the veterans we know and love. If you'd like to honor one (or if you ARE one), please add to the list - we'd love to meet them!I'll start...
- •This is my grandfather, James Brackett.He lied about his age to be able to join the army as WWII was gearing up. He was sent to France & Germany and somehow got chosen to be General Wallace Wade's chauffeur (driving his jeep). This saved his life and I wouldn't be here otherwise. He did take part in some combat, though he never talked about it, at least not when I was around. Thanks for your service, Paw-Paw Jim!
- •My father Jerry F Carroll was a Marine in the Vietnam war. Bless everyone who has and currently is fighting for our rights.Suggested by @elmospimpingme
- •My grandpa is an electrical engineer and he served in the Army.This was the best photo I could find of him then.Suggested by @lexie_elyse
- •Jim Johnson, my grandpaHe was an undertaker by profession, so they made him a medic during WWII. It means he often came in after the fighting to clear out the bodies.Suggested by @justjills
- •Art Stuckey, my grandpaHe lost is thumb in WWII and got a Purple Heart for it. He never talked about his experiences there.Suggested by @justjills
- •My husband served in the Navy. Two deployments on a ship in the Pacific and six deployments in Afghanistan. 🇺🇸Suggested by @americanmum