LET ME TELL YOU A GHOST STORY 👻
A true ghost story that involves vampires. Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •I used to work at a private school. Several of the students there were part of the Stoker family. As in "Dracula" Bram Stoker.
- •One of the families asked if I'd like to be their regular house-sitter. Big fancy house, big screen tv, Internet, swimming pool? Hells yeah!
- •They asked that I spend the night whenever I was working for them. I happily agreed, and soon they called for my first week-long stay.
- •The first day went great. Played with their dogs, swam, surfed the net (this was late 90s), then got ready for bed.
- •I suddenly felt weird. Like I was being watched, like I wasn't alone. Like there was something unsavory somewhere nearby.
- •I did my best to ignore it, but couldn't. I started asking my brother to stay with me. He felt the darkness too. I had my mom over to swim. Even she felt it.
- •The final straw came when my little nephew came to visit during my third time house sitting. As he and my brother walked up to the house, a ball suddenly rolled out from under the bushes, across their path.
- •My brother jumped and said "What was that?!" My nephew, who was still learning to talk, looked at him like he was dumb and said "It was the boogeyman!"
- •We don't joke about stuff like that in my family. To this day I don't know how a toddler could attribute anything to the boogeyman.
- •From then on, I took care of the house as requested, but I never spent the night again, and made sure not to be there after dark. I kept house sitting for a couple of years, then we drifted apart.
- •I never did find out what was there that gave me such creeped-out feelings. I always wondered if it had anything to do with their family's legacy of vampires and horror.