MY FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPE 🍴
Italian Cheesecake. We're not Italian, but a neighbor of my grandparents was, and gave us this recipe decades ago. Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •1 lb. cottage cheese
- •1 lb. cream cheese
- •1 pint sour cream
- •1-1/2 cups sugar
- •1/4 lb. butter
- •4 eggs
- •Juice of 1 lemon
- •1 tsp. vanilla
- •3 tsp. cornstarch
- •3 tsp. flour
- •Grease sides of a 10-in. springform pan, line bottom with foil or parchment.
- •Cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- •Gradually add sugar, then eggs one at a time.
- •Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- •Sift cornstarch and flour, add to mixture. Fold in sour cream.
- •Bake at 350 for 1 hour, don't open door.
- •Turn oven off, let it sit for 30 minutes. Remove, let cool on counter, then refrigerate.
- •OPTIONAL: stir in a pkg of mini chocolate chips with the sour cream.